Nov 21st, 2008
You might think that the season is drawing to a close right now but you’d be wrong – it’s actually the beginning of the season because now you can start to plant some crops for next season such as Garlic, Peas and Broadbeans. Garlic needs a period of cold so make sure to get some in the ground now in time for the first frosts.
- Plant garlic
- Plant new fruit trees and prune existing wall-trained fruit
- Sow Broadbeans and Peas
- Dig heavy soils and leave in clumps for the frost to break down
- Pick off any yellow leaves from Brussels Sprouts
- Harvest winter Cabbage, Leeks and Parsnips
- Lift Chicory and Rhubarb for forcing. Rhubarb crowns should be at least three years old
- Bring in the last of the dried beans such as Runner and French
- Wash your pots and seeds trays thoroughly in soapy water. Also clean and oil your tools
- Order some seed catalogues
If you have any more suggestions for November jobs, add them to the list.
13 Responses to “10 Jobs for November”