Dec 10th, 2008
If there’s one thing that really says Christmas for me it’s Eggnog. I first tasted Eggnog about six years ago. We were visiting a friend of ours who lives in Vail (alright for some eh?). And he invited us back to his mum and dad’s little house tucked up in the hills far away from the glitz and fur coats below. Their house was very Christmassy with a big log fire roaring and the first thing that our friend’s mum said to us once we were inside was, ‘Would you like an Eggnog?’ – I was sold! So now, in our house, Christmas just hasn’t arrived until there’s some Eggnog chilling in the fridge. Here’s my recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- quarter of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- three quarters of a cup of brandy
- one third of a cup of dark rum
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 2 cups of milk
- Beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes (preferably with a mixer) until frothy
- Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg
- Stir in (by hand) the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk
- Chill overnight
- Add some ice and give it a quick whizz to crush the ice.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve with festive tunes!
10 Responses to “Oh Hey, How About an Eggnog?”