10 Jobs for March
Here at mtp there has been a burst of energy under cover of the Potting Shed. Here’s 10 things we’ll be getting on with this month.
- Plant first early potatoes in mild areas where the soil is workable
- Spring prune fruit trees like Peaches and Nectarines
- Sow some Sweet Peas to grow alongside your Runner Beans
- Plant more onion sets and also some more shallots
- Spread some wood ash or high potash nutrient on raspberries and strawberries
- Plant a few Gladioli corms for some early cutting flowers
- Sow Lettuce, Parsley, Coriander, Basil, Red Cabbage, Cauliflower in the coldframe
- Sow some Tomatoes, Chilli Pepper, Aubergine and Bell Pepper in a heated propagator
- Sow Radish, NZ Spinach, early Carrots directly in the ground in milder areas
- Sow Peas in guttering at two-week intervals – place in coldframe or under fleece
If you have any more suggestions for March jobs, add em to the list.