Apr 30th, 2012
I’ve never made compost tea but I saw a demo recently of how simple it is to make. So I thought I’d share it here and have a go myself (if it ever stops raining that is).
All you need is a bucket, some rain water, some honey and an old pond pump (try eBay).
- 1. Fill your bucket about a third full of mature compost
- 2. Pour rainwater in to fill the bucket
- 3. Add one or two spoonfuls of honey
- 4. Put in your pond pump and switch on
- 5. Wait 2-3 days, strain and use immediately
Compost tea can be used on fruit and vegetables wherever you think they might need an extra boost of nutrients. It’s ideal for plants in pots, or on poor soil, or plants in the greenhouse.
9 Responses to “Making Compost Tea”