A few weeks ago I started a garden diary. I’ve been reading Beth Chatto’s Garden Notebook, a book that was comprised using planting notes from her garden diary. She made simple entries like ‘sowed seed of Salvia, Victoria Blue undercover’ etc. And I have decided to do the same.
I suppose this blog is a garden diary of sorts but I don’t write about absolutely everything I do in the garden, mainly because some things are not very visually interesting. But… I do want to remember everything I do so I can compare where I am ‘up to’ each year. And also I can check if I’ve missed anything.
So I will be publishing my garden diary here in text format. I think the best way to do it would be to publish the entries for each week, rather than each day. Here are the entries for last week.
9th March 2014
– sowed Chilli Pepper (NuMex) on heat pad
– sowed Eggplant/Aubergine (Black Beauty) on heat pad
– sowed Pepper (Mini) on heat pad
12th March 2014
– sowed Peas (Green Arrow)
– potted on Broccoli (Waltham 29)
– sowed Alyssum (Oriental Nights)
– sowed Tomato (Gardener’s Delight) on heat pad
– sowed Tomato (Black Krim) on heat pad
– sowed Tomato (Yellow Pear) on heat pad
– sowed Feverfew
14th March 2014
– potted on Kale (Scarlet)
– sowed Leeks (American Flag)
– sowed Beets (Burpee’s Golden)
15th March 2014
– potted on Cauliflower (Chef’s Choice)
– potted on Bee Balm
– chitting early Potatoes (French Fingerling)
– planted out Broadbeans (Aquadulce) – sowed 25th Feb