10 Jobs for April
Now that the tulips are in full swing here’s 10 other things you can be getting on with this month.
- Start sowing in earnest with Kale, Parsnip, Carrots and Broadbeans directly into the ground
- Finish planting new fruit bushes
- Put up your bean poles
- Transplant tomato seedlings to individual pots. Still keep them inside
- Plant out Peas grown in guttering, sow more as you do and draw soil up around them as they grow
- Harden off Sweet Peas
- Sow successional crops such as lettuce, radish, rocket, spring onions, peas etc, every two weeks
- Sow some winter green such as Winter Cabbage and Sprouting Broccoli
- Clean up the strawberry bed; remove any dead or dying leaves
- Plant Brussels Sprouts and Spring Cabbage and Asparagus Crowns
If you have any more suggestions for April jobs, add them to the list.
Love this blog! I found you through a blog list on “The Back Forty”. “10 Jobs Each Month” is most excellent list-making. Look forward to perusing your archives.
Pleased to see that we are keeping up with most of these! Congratulations again for your sweet little arrival. I am impressed and encouraged by the way you’ve picked up and gotten on with everything. It gives hope to a frightened mum-to-be-in-the-making! Thank you for continuing, especially with the blog!
Ahem. I also wanted to ask: if we sow broad beans this month, when would they crop, do you think? Could I sow them into the soon-to-be-runner-bed?
Yes you can sow Broadbeans now – just make sure they are a main crop variety.