10 Jobs for June
It’s getting warmer and everything seems to be putting a spurt on. Time to fill in those final gaps in time for high-season and full production. Among others you should be harvesting the first lettuces, new potatoes and the first Peas.
- Plant out curcubits (Pumpkins, Courgettes, Squash, Gherkins etc)
- Plant out Sweetcorn
- Start feeding Tomatoes with high potash feed once the first truss of flowers has set
- Snap off Onion flowers if they appear
- Pinch out the growing tips of Broadbeans once the pods start to form to discourage blackfly
- Sow more Lettuce, Radish, Spring onion, Salad leaves and Coriander
- Water Peas and Potatoes
- Stake cutting flowers that will need support (such as Gladioli)
- Tie in Runner Beans as they grow
- Sow Fennel in situ
If you have any more suggestions for June jobs, add them to the list.