Jun 15th, 2014
Well, the last time we saw the patterned garden was back in April when I just put some of the plants in. Now it’s in full flow.
There was a vague plan, but I haven’t stuck to it in its entirety. I sowed a row of Beetroot down the middle of the pattern and none of them germinated. I think the seed was old. And so I replaced them with Lettuce. Also, the slugs ate my Spinach seedlings and I decided it was getting too hot for Spinach and so I replaced them with a sowing of French Beans. So there has been some movement in the design.
I think it looks pretty good. Next time I do it I might keep some of the taller plants like Kale either in the middle or at the sides. The tall Kale in the middle means you can’t see some of the smaller stuff.
I do like the way the Onions pop through between the Lettuces though. That works.
8 Responses to “Sunburst Pattern Update!”