So, we tried to do the weeding and pulling ourselves but honestly, it took us a whole day to do one tiny little corner of this area. The whole courtyard was full of Marjoram that had turned into a weed and had seeded everywhere – even in between the brick pathway. And the raised beds were full of sick Roses that had seen better days.
So we decided we needed some help to clear the beds and start afresh. Since this will be the main vegetable garden I decided to remove the raised beds to give me more room to grow things. The crew came, they pulled stuff up and left two days later. This was the finished article. It’s unbelievable to me how quickly this happened.
This is basically how the garden would have looked back in 1915 when the house was built. The fountain might have been flowing (which we’re working on) but other than that we’re back to how it all started.